Thank you for your interest to donate your book to FirewAbera.
FirewAbera gladly welcomes your books, audio books, movies, music, and magazines.
Your donation will be used in a free public library that will soon be set-up at the heart of Ethiopia in Nazreth (Adama).
What we accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition. We cannot use damaged books (e.g., broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty or moldy, excessive writing in the text) or clearly outdated materials.
- Commercially published media (e.g., CDs, DVDs, videos)
- Current editions of magazines (can be sold in Literary Grounds)
- Recent editions of magazines can be put directly into the Magazine Exchange
We regrettably cannot accept:
- Damaged books with missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
- Clearly outdated materials (see below for guidelines)
- Toys, games, puzzles, artwork
- Magazines (bound or unbound) older than current, periodicals, academic journals
- Condensed books (Reader’s Digest)
- Professional journals
- Non-commercially produced media
- Workbooks or study guides that are partially or wholly filled in
- Computer programs
Materials we accept with certain specific limits:
- Medical and financial advice books (less than 5 years old)
- Travel guidebooks (less than 5 years old)
- Computer manuals (less than 5 years old)
- Textbooks (less than 10 years old)
- Test preparation guides (less than 5 years old)
Donation guidelines are adapted from AMES Public Library